Friday, September 14, 2007

I Launch Into Polymer

I got this idea to make my own polymer beads the other day.

I tried working with polymer in the mid 1990s, but it didn't click with me. I didn't think it had that much potential, so I moved on to working with ceramic clay. Luckily there were lots of artists and crafters out there who saw what I didn't see in polymer. They have spent the last many years honing, perfecting, experimenting, and most importantly, sharing what they have learned to do with polymer clay.

Who are "they"?

As time goes on, I'm going to name names and give credit to those who's creativity and willingness to share helps other artists learn. These polymer artists are all over the 'net sharing tutorials, writing books, blogging, teaching workshops, and recording how-to DVDs on polymer.

I want to share information, too, as well as record my adventures into a new medium right from the beginning. So this blog is not about being an expert in polymer, but rather my own path of discovery as I learn from polymer experts.

No comments: